Monday, March 2, 2009

My Human Anatomy Class on March 3, 2009

So quite a few interesting things happened in my life today. I love it when I can say it.

For our Human development class, we had moral development lectures given by a high school teacher from St. Joe's prep, which is apparently an all boys school which this teacher recounts how after he got his Ph.D for Human sexuality at Penn's graduate school, the boys there gave him the nickname of "sex master" which definitely raised my eyebrows, but I think this men was trying too hard to cater to college students. He said this was to illustrate the people have moral development by ceasing to call teachers nicknames. Okay.

So we did go through the 10 commandments of the old testament, technically 7 of them, it did sadden me to know that many of the nursing students don't know it. I am beginning to believe in the myth that highly educated people are atheists and their children are too. It also saddened me to see the majority side on that suicide is fine for old people and that abortions are fine too. It reminds me of that one line from the Great debaters, peace through desolation where a roman general say he brought peace to the nations he subjugated when he really just killed off everyone. I wonder about Jonathan Swift's proposed solution to eat babies. It's ironic that the people who say everyone should have their own choice in when to end their life also say that is is fine for someone to decide another person's fate too. There seems to be a majority that it is okay to kill people who can't make decisions.

The class we learned:
How we judge a decision to be moral:
1. consequences
2. intention
3. action itself
4. circumstances
5. law
6. conscience

No comments:

Post a Comment