Sunday, July 28, 2013

New life for this blog - Linda's food blog

Made some awesome food today.

Went to Cincinnati last week with my church and we went to Skyline Chili and had their 3 way which was really delicious so I really wanted to replicate it.

Feel free to substitute things. I used BBQ sauce as I had no Worcestershire sauce and didn't add cayenne pepper. The beans and olives I also didn't add as I really don't like beans nor olives. It still came out really good :)

















Brown beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place browned mixture in a large pot and stir in the tomato sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, cinnamon, vinegar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 1 1/2 hours.

When meat mixture has about 20 minutes cooking time left, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
Serve meat mixture over cooked spaghetti topped with optional cheese, beans, olives and chopped onion. 

Recipe courtesy of: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cincinnati-Skyline-Chili/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=skyline%20chili&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe


Here's how it turned out for me

No comments:

Post a Comment