Monday, May 18, 2009

Cardiff for a day

Monday May 18th
7 am
Get up, eat, get to Victoria
8-11 am
Cardiff
11-2
Central station
get 16-25 card
get to welsh museum of life
get pastries
2-3
meet kent at TIC
ask about caerphilly and castel coch
3-4
Caerphilly castle
4-5
Caestel coch
5-6
Cardiff castle
6-7
Evensong at Llandaf cathedral
7-9
Eat and get back to Kent's
Check email, get Edinburgh host

May 18th
Headed off early morning to Cardiff, the capital of wales and managed to go to the welsh museum of life before heading over to meet with Bob who agreed to host me through couch surfers website. We walked over to his house after meeting at the tourist information center and his house is extremely hard to find, you basically have to follow a particular course in the river.

The Welsh museum of life had replicas of everything from furniture to ways of making things of the olden days. I just quickly went over the village and the castle. St. Fagan was apparently the founder of castle or something.. Have to give thanks to God for letting me have plenty time of reach he bus upon my departure form the museum.

Had a pretty long talk with Bob and he also took me around to Cardiff Bay to give me a short history of the Bay and the buildings. I really liked the Wales parliament that took transparency literally, so have a building hat was all glass with thermal heating.
The then I forget, had visiting Llandaff castle. Missed the evensong by about 40 minutes so have to do that next time.
Wandered around for a couple of hours and got back and saw a program from BBC on clouds. The stratonimbus the cumulonimbus etc.

Well, unfortunate I could only go to Cardiff bay and the Welsh museum of living life via the bus, which was free. Did a very quick run through and some videos and managed to get back at around 2 or 3 and met Bob at the Tourist information centre and walked over to his house which was a really small apartment with a couch pulled out. We had a very interesting conversation about British politics, world environment etc and watched a show about clouds appreciation. I managed to make it out to Llandaff cathedral but missed the evensong entirely because I missed the bus stop that would have connected me to it. Thus, have to go back and visit one day as I didn't get to visit any of the castles either.
Unfortunately probably also forgot my electric tooth brush here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment