Monday, May 18, 2009

London adventures


the 17th was an exhausting day. After traveling, I totally bumbled my plans for the day. Note to self, try to have everything arranged before leaving home.


So actually went to the wrong station to go on the Fat Tire Bike tour.


The day was terribly rainy and cold. Again, did not bring enough clothes as I was trying to pack light so bought a $30 sweatshirt that said London, England. Anyhow, I needed a black zip up sweatshirt anyways for next year I guess.


Basically got into Heathrow and was delighted that I could go on the London underground, colloquially known as the tube for really cheap.


So rode it to to Kings cross where I checked myself into the Ashlee house, which at first glance looks crappy, but actually not too bad although I really disliked the fact that it does not have free wifi.


So then went on to the wrong station for my bike tour but managed to actually catch my group and go with them even though I was almost half an hour late.


I was praying really hard that it would stop raining for the tour and it did, around the same time as when it was suppose to start. However, it was still cloudy and cold for our tour.


We visited all 4 parks in the London area and also Buckingham palace, and Kensington and Princess Diana's memorial walk. We also randomly ran into a parade of veterans I think and also some people with funny bowler hats and a lot of honor badges pinned on their suit.


Then after our tour I wondered around for at least an hour trying to find the right station to get to the Thames river cruise and also the London eye, was an awesome ferris wheel,


Then waiting in the rain for the evening service which was pretty amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment