Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July weekend in DC

It is amazingly awesome to be in DC on the fourth of July, America's Independence day.

I do have to tell a joke:
So an American business man is talking with his business partner in Great Britain and conference call is about to end, so the British partner says, "Why don't we continue this tomorrow?" the American partner says "Tomorrow we're closed over here because it is independence day" and the British partner goes "Oh, it's Thanksgiving."

Anyhow, I have a weird sense of humor. Continuing on to what I did for the weekend.

So first I checked out the Folk Festival at the National Mall that is put on by Smithsonian every summer and it was a lot of fun. It was not anything huge but I at least got to learn some Welsh dances since this year one of their themes is the Isle of Wales, where I have actually been to :)

Anyhow, here are the pictures:
Photobucket

This is the Folk Life festival right in front of the Smithsonian castle

Photobucket
I went into the castle and they displayed the scene from Night at the Museum, Battle at the Smithsonian. Which I still have not seen yet, but definitely will, hopefully at one of the Smithsonian IMAX theaters.

I volunteered for the Independence day parade and got to be one of these balloon holders.
Photobucket
This is actually our balloon, I'm the person with the pink dress

Photobucket
This when we were getting ready with the balloons, we were the last one to go so we got bored

No comments:

Post a Comment