Friday, July 24, 2009

On the Eighth Friday of First Book Fun...

got ready to go. Yep, I did, at some points I think I realize that aside from the grant proposals that I'm doing and of course all the letters that I'm sending off to foundation, I've more or less stopped learning things. Which in part is probably my own fault for not asking enough questions.
Anyhow, we did have some impressive meetings with Kyle Zimmer and some top secret functional strategic meetings that most everyone from every department went to. I've realized from these meetings that your social network is probably the most important thing, especially if you were looking for money from corporations. The social implications of this I'm hesitant to expand on here but I do have some personal ideas.
From my talks with Kyle, I get the idea that she's a lady who really knows her stuff and is someone who you'd call charismatic. I can certainly see how people would willingly work towards the ideals that she has. It really is quite impressive and somehow makes me wish I could be half as charismatic as her and maybe our CAB would be that much more effective.
Haywood has also arrived and I'm surprised to learn that he will be with the strategic alliances team as originally it seems he was suppose to be working on the individual and foundation donation research. However, since I have quite a bit of experience and probably due to timing, things seem to work out this way. He seems to have a great grasp in the business world and I'm definitely hoping he will join our campus advisory board in the near future.
So before I head off I will have to update this blog some more with all the fun things that I've been doing in DC and of course, visit all the Smithsonian museums that I have not visited yet.

It is amazingly awesome to be in DC on the fourth of July, America's Independence day

No comments:

Post a Comment