Monday, July 14, 2008

Dan Dong - North Korea

Dan Dong is the city that I am currently in and tomorrow I am heading across the Yalu river to North Korea and then heading back to my home city. I've actually arrived in Dan Dong by train and pretty proud that I've gotten my way around the city.


I took a ride on the river in anticipation for the next day where I would cross over to the other side.



Walking around the pier, it seems people here are pretty relaxed.



The older folks just relaxing and enjoying life with an occasional dance festival.



The younger folks getting their wedding portraits taken along the river.



The north koreans were actually quite curious about this picture when they searched through my digital camera.

So I've actually managed to cross over into Korea, the following photo is from North Korea looking into China:



Yes me in my pink outfit get up with the Hello Kitty sanrio franchise from Japan. The East Asian triangle right here.

So this the picture I took in front of one of the museums in North Korea:



The following is one I took near Dan Dong's train station:



I think the difference between these two can pretty much sum up the difference between the two countries. The fact that there's a construction site right next to the statue of Mao Zedong really tells you that it's the currently rapid economic development that really makes China stand out from North Korea. Throughout the trip my fellow travelers commented on how similar it was to China in the 60s and 70s, that it was like a trip back in time for them. Since I wasn't born at that time I really don't know what China was like then.

No comments:

Post a Comment