Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tieling adventures

So Tieling was my father's childhood home. My father went to high school at the place where China's first premier diplomat Zhou Enlai also studied.



This is the land where Zhao Benshan was born also. A very rural region of the area.

I arrived here by bus from Shenyang, it was only around an hour ride.

My dad's brother arrived to pick me up:



They are such a nice family, my fifth uncle arrived in Beijing to pick me up actually at the end of may.

The main reason I went to Tieling was actually to visit the grave of my paternal grandparents:



It was a very interesting story trying to find this grave site, apparently even though it was only 2 years ago that I participated in the grave moving ceremony, we had a hard time remembering where exactly it was located as it was at a site that was around half an hour out of the town and a mass grave site where many people were buried there. It took us around half an hour to find the site itself and I was praying really hard that somehow I would be able to find it and thankfully God answered my prayers and I did find it.

Afterward we went for more mount climbing.



en route to the mountain



I believe it translates into the dragon head mountain.



My uncle and cousin at one of the pagodas along the way. Apparently a lot of people take walks after dinner time along this mountain.



See? I told you many people come on this trail. It somewhat makes me want to move back to China although I'm not exactly sure what america is quite missing. Maybe I dislike the exercise bikes that goes nowhere in the gym or that I'm missing the food in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment