Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Family visit



So this is one of the train stations in Shenyang, my home city in China. Apparently there are multiple train stations in the major cities as I realize this in Beijing by getting on to the wrong station to get to Shenyang.

The train holds many of my favorite memories as that was the way my family used to travel in China for our summer vacations to Da Lian.



This is my only living grandparent, my maternal grandfather who's an octogenarian. So he was telling me about WWII and about how the Japanese had already invented cell phones during that time. Although I do wonder about the acts of unit 731 at that time. The area of Shenyang is in the Manchuria region that was first to be occupied by thte Japanese during that time.



Another picture of my grandfather with little tiger, who represents my mother because she was born in the year of the tiger and very firece.

No comments:

Post a Comment