Friday, July 11, 2008

Shenyang visit



I got these really yummy snacks from the mute who were selling them.  They smelled really good, I believe it is made of sticky rice.

I actually do wonder what people with disability do in China, a lot of them are beggars on the street but these are two sisters who I really admired for working so hard.



This was earlier in the day when I was at the city's central plaza. A lot of people are flying kites, dancing (street and traditional and ballroom), and also skate boarding. I really love these city plazas and wish we had something like that in the United States.



So we were walking around the square and I was fascinated by these men who were writing traditional chinese calligraphy with these huge brushes with water on the ground and the old man above gave me a brush to try it. I had to admit that I couldn't really write and that I was just visiting my family from America. He told me to not forget that culture and traditions of my native land of China. It was one of the most fascinating things happening that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment