Friday, June 5, 2009

First entry for First Book Friday Fun

So this is the first friday that I have been at First Book and it seems to be a off day for most people on my floor. I wonder where everyone have gone to since I'm not seeing a lot of people. Onto my adventures that I've managed to get myself into this week:
So Monday I went into the office and it seems that I have been assigned to the development department and my supervisor would be the director of this department. I'm handed some random task that would get me accquainted with the database software that the organization is using to keep track of donations and donors who register and donate online. The week is filled by meetings with various departments and I learn the ins and outs of how the national organization works. Although the development meetings are composed of people from several different departments including communications, strategic alliances and community outreach.
Mostly I've been updating the database and working on some research for upcoming projects for the summer. The big campaign that I've been helping with is the What Book Got You Hooked? which happens to be the campaign for the summer. So far I've been familiarizing myself with the various deparments that exists within the organization and trying to figure out who is in which department. Trust me, it gets quite confusing. None of the other interns have arrived so I'm in an office by myself until my office mate gets here next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment